Nourishing Carrot Curry Ginger Soup
Author: Scott Estrada
- A simple and nourishing soup made with carrots, sweet potatoes, and fresh ginger.
- · 1 leek
- · 2 pounds carrots
- · 2 sweet potatoes
- · ¼ cup coconut oil
- · 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- · 2 TBSP fresh ginger root, grated
- · 5 cups chicken stock or make your own or use veggie stock
- · ½ tsp curry powder
- · 1 tsp salt
- · ½ tsp black pepper
- Trim off the tough green end of leek, then slice leek lengthwise and rinse out. Slice leek halves into ¼-inch slices.
- Trim carrots, wash and slice diagonally.
- Peel sweet potato and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Pour coconut oil in the soup pot and sauté the leek until translucent but not brown.
- Add carrots and sweet potatoes and toss for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Lower to a simmer, cover, and cook gently for 30 minutes or until the carrots are soft.
- Add more stock for desired thicknessp.