Lemon Artichoke Pesto Dip & Crudité
Delicious, gluten free, dairy free, paleo pesto for dips and pasta sauce.
Author: Keri Brooks Health
Recipe type: Lemon Artichoke Pesto Dip & Crudité
Cuisine: Paleo, gluten free, dairy free, high fiber
- 12-15 artichoke hearts, cut in half
- (I used jarred artichokes that were in olive oil for more flavor)
- ⅓ cup walnuts
- 4-5 tbsp. olive oil
- 4-5 tbsp. vegetable broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- ½ cup fresh basil
- juice of 1 lemon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3-5 cups of spinach (optional)
- Place a large pan over medium-high heat, add a splash of fat and 1 minced garlic clove. As soon as the garlic becomes fragrant, add the halved artichokes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and let cook until slightly browned and tender on all sides. Once artichokes are browned, add them to a food processor along with the walnuts, olive oil, vegetable broth, and second garlic clove. Puree until smooth. Then add the parsley, basil, lemon, and salt and pepper. Puree once more until smooth. Taste and add more lemon and salt and pepper to your preference.
- Eat with raw veggies or over spaghetti squash.
- Source: PaleoOMG.com