Candida Friendly Pumpkin Custard
This Pumpkin Custard is not your typical pumpkin dessert, it's lighter in flavor than pumpkin pie but free of refined sugar and dairy. Easy to make and gourmet enough to serve for Thanksgiving.
Author: Keri Brooks Health
Recipe type: Gluten free, dairy free, sugar free, candida friendly
Cuisine: Candida friendly
- • 1 can (15 ounce) pure pumpkin
- • ½ cup full fat coconut milk
- • 4 beaten eggs
- • ½ teaspoon salt
- • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- • 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- • 1 teaspoon vanilla liquid stevia or
- ¼ cups coconut palm sugar or my new favorite Erthyitol works well too
- • Optional toppings: Coconut milk Whipped Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- LIne 6 ramekin or custard cups with ghee or fat of your choice.
- In a large bowl or food processor, mix together pumpkin, coconut milk, eggs, spices and steetener.
- Pour evenly into ramekins.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
- Best served cold.
- Top with coconut milk whipped cream!